Number 17 of Sheikh Abdal Hakim Murad’s continuing Contentions series is out!
Here’s a selection:
66. The right objective of war is justice, not victory.
67. You are either a worshipper or an idol.
68. Without Sufism, Islam is not Islamic.
69. Hospitality? You cannot serve both Abraham and Israel.
70. The secret of marriage: as soon as you look at the clock, she gets angry.
71. Under the Blue Baroness, the polytechnics did not become universities, the universities became polytechnics.
72. Facebook will unfriend Israel.
73. History is nothing other than the triumph of Providence.
74. ‘The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization.’ (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
75. Are the false Salafis powerful enough to secularise the world?
Contentions 12, the aphorisms of Shaykh Abdal Hakim Murad, are now available on masud.co.uk
Here are some excerpts to whet your appetite:
32.?The medievals, seeing the colour of our clothes, would call us all atheists.
33.?The preacher should neither lower the price of his goods, nor price Islam out of the market.
34.?Kufr: impermanence is a problem. Iman: our anxiety about impermanence is a problem.
35.?Science is the revelation of order. Faith is the revelation of liberation.
36.?The false Salafi is enraged because Sufism has been taken away from him.
37.?Betjeman: summoned by belles.
38.?We are divided from the other world by the thinnest of membranes, which we hang with mirrors.
39.?Great art is God looking at you. Mediocre art is you looking at God. Demonic art is you looking at yourself alone.
40.?Suicide bombing: al-fana? fi?l-shaytan.
Thoughts, opinions, musings and rants of Mas'ud Ahmed Khan