Shaykh Abdal Hakim Murad’s popular contentions series continues with the 18th instalment now available from http://www.masud.co.uk
Here are a few tasters:
28. Only in Islam is Christ at peace in the bosom of Abraham.
29. The effective way to strengthen liberalism or fundamentalism is to bring them into conversation.
30. Her tear commands you to stand up for her, not to stand up to her.
31. Secular lovers always use contraception.
32. If the culture is sick, then your ease with it is a sign of sickness.
33. Your capacity to rebel against the monoculture is in proportion to your capacity to fall in love.
34. The devil’s greatest enemy is the joy of the believer.
35. Family is jamal, work is jalal; in this her superiority is apparent.
36. Only when family is not equal to work will we worry if women are not equal to men.
37. Third World marriage: fiancés and fiancées are just finances and financees.
38. Because the moderns cannot be, they have attitude rather than beatitude.